Saturday, July 09, 2005

Terror in London on Thursday!


I was in Hull, and actually heard the news whilst walking past the big screen in Hull City Centre. The BBC announced that four explosions ripped across central London, killing more than 50 people and injuring 700. The co-ordinated attack hit three Underground trains and a bus, as the morning's rush hour drew to a close.

The capital's public transport system was halted and a high-level emergency procedure swung into action. All hospitals were full by mid-morning.

Three bombs went off almost simultaneously at about 0850 on Underground trains just outside Liverpool Street and Edgware Road stations, and on another travelling between King's Cross and Russell Square.

The final explosion was on a double-decker bus. I have to say that events of today have greatly worried me and I am deeply saddened to see these events in the United Kingdom!

Hull's Big Screen courtesy of Hull City Council (And yes I have now found out how to put photo's in my blog, so expect a few now!)

No comments: