Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hornsea Cottage Hospital remains open!


I was pleased to see that the local health authority has decided not to close Hornsea Cottage Hospital. Applause followed a Yorkshire Wolds and Coast Primary Care Trust's decision to keep the unit open at its board meeting in Driffield today.

And the Hull Daily Mail's Hands Off Our Hospitals Campaign, to safeguard health services across the region, was praised for helping to win a brighter future for the hospital. Opening hours of MIUs at Hornsea Hospital are to be cut until staffing and training issues are resolved in the interest of patient safety.

But the people of Hornsea have shown that the vital decision not to close the Hornsea Hospital has given them renewed hope in the fight for improved services at the hospital. I will update my blog fully tomorrow, I was so pleased about the above I just had to blog!

No comments: