Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hull University & Scouts


Today I went for an interview for the SEED Software program at Hull University, and I also got a place on the European Funded Scheme, so the question is am I ever going to leave Hull University? However, the main purpose of the SEED project is to provide graduates with the real-world experience which will help them to find a good permanent job - so you are not expected to stay on the program for more than about six months.

I will join one of a number of small development teams. The scheme will typically be responsible for the development of a solution for a customer from start to end. I could be involved in negotiating contracts, capturing requirements, preparing designs, writing code and documentation, testing, support... or all of these. I will need to be motivated. So hopefully this will give me more strings to my bow when going for job interviews in future!

This evening I also went to help at my local Scout group, where the aim of the night was cooking! Even though after a few hours with the Scouts I am not sure whether it was cooking or making the biggest mess possible!

No comments: