Saturday, June 18, 2005

Doctor Who: The Parting of the Ways!


Carrying on from last weeks episode known as (Bad Wolf) where we did not find out who or what the Bad Wolf actually referred to the Doctor is trying to rescue Rose from...the Daleks!

Just like other cliffhangers in the series this one gets resolved all too quickly. Rose is captured on a Dalek spaceship, so the Doctor pilots the TARDIS there, uses a TARDIS force field (I don't remember that from previous series!) and escapes again. All too easy. But do you know what? I didn't especially care because I was happy to see lots of Daleks, that can now actually not just fly, but fly through space!

In summary, a crazy, brilliant episode, full of loopy explanations, with thousands of Daleks and a regeneration. Fantastic, a superb way to end the season. The BBC website is full of stuff for the episode, as usual, and the Daleks are still going ballistic on the front page. Hope I haven't spoilt the plot for anybody yet to see the episode, but I have a full review in my drafts folder that I will publish it in a months time, so get watching!

2 comments:

Simon said...

Half the plot holes aren't actually there. The force field is created by Blon Slitheen's extrapolator, which absorbs the energy from the two missiles that hit the TARDIS.

Andy said...

Yes, I agree, I was just trying to find something bad to say about the episode, which was hard! However, I did not realise that the force field was created by Blon Slitheen's extrapolator! I have a full corrected review in my drafts folder ready to publish in about a month.

Thanks for correcting me!