Sunday, September 18, 2005

Today was ITV's national walking day, so I went for a walk!

Today I went for a walk in the countryside, to try and improve my fitness. I ended up coming in and reading the following on the above website! I also noticed that this website seems to be saying that the best walks are in the North West. I don't really agree with that fact, as I live in Yorkshire, and I believe the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales offer some of the best walking areas

In the North West however, footpaths and organised trails criss-cross the country from the Solway Firth to Cheshire, giving you more freedom than ever to explore and enjoy the region’s gloriously varied landscape.

Walking is also a direct route to fitness. In an age of diets and ritzy gyms, it’s stealth health! The benefits of a regular walk, at a reasonably brisk pace, include improvements in blood pressure, stamina and joint condition. It’s great for your heart and if you stick with a programme, as well as eating healthily, you’ll find that your energy levels gradually increase, you feel better overall and, over the long term, it’s likely that you’ll find yourself losing weight in a sustainable way.

No comments: