Friday, October 01, 2004

British Grand Prix facing axe!


I read with horror this morning that the British Grand Prix at Silverstone is finally facing the axe, which is not good new for all us Formula 1 fans out there! What is needed is some government investment around the circuit, however I personally think that Bernie Ecclestone wants rid of the British Grand Prix, to make room for the new circuits, however he seems to be saying take a year out and rebuild the circuit, which I suppose would be good if it got lottery funding!

I honestly don't understand why as he is as British as you and me, but I think it will be a real shame if the original Silverstone race is lost especially when only a short time ago they where talking about two British GP's, one at Silverstone and one around the streets of our capital city, London!

However, when you look at the standards of the new Grand Prix's in China and Bahrain you can see why the British grand prix faces the axe as well as the French one!

No comments: