Sunday, May 08, 2005

Firefox is still here!


Today I read an article on the BBC News website saying that Microsoft's biggest worry, should be the huge success of Mozilla Firefox, the open source web browser.

I think it is faster and more secure than Internet Explorer, it is the first browser to seriously challenge Microsoft's dominance. In just nine months Firefox has chalked up 50 million downloads, although some are admittedly upgrades.

Bill Gates has it on his Computer but he thinks it is just another browser, and IE [Microsoft's Internet Explorer] is better. However, personally I do think that Microsoft should be worried because when they bring out there new O/S they will not be able to include Internet Explorer as standard at least in Europe.

Does this mean that Windows and Office update will work on Mozilla, I don't know but I hope so, even though I do not think they will!

No comments: