Sunday, May 15, 2005

R.I.P. BBC Weather symbols!


It was a bit different when viewing the weather presented by Paul Hudson on Look North this evening as now weather symbols have disappeared from BBC TV forecasts for good! This will cause a depression to form among fans of the traditional yellow sun and fluffy cloud. When you have spent as long as I have studying the maps it will seem very strange to watch a weather forecast without the familiar symbols!

The new system on the forecasting horizon is called the BBC's Weatherscape XT, which has replaced the traditional symbols used for decades, and which we all know and are familiar with. I will just say that it makes watching the weather very different, however, I do think it is a change for the better! It was also my birthday today, so sooty about the late post!

No comments: