Saturday, May 28, 2005

Scope Fast Track Scheme!


Today I found out how I had done on the Scope Fast Track interview. Unfortunately, I did not get anywhere on the scheme. I have to say however that my experiences of the interview on the day where not that brilliant. The organisation for the interview left a lot to be desired. The assesment was originally planned to take place over two days at HSBC's offices but was crammed into one day at the Remploy offices in St. Helens! In addition, all the paperwork for the interview was sent two weeks later than it should have been leaving a very short period of time in which to prepare the presentation I had to give at the interview!

It seems to me that SCOPE have tried to shake off their old image by rebranding themselves and claiming that the fast track scheme is available to applicants with ALL types of disability. From my experience however, I was left with the impression that the scheme is still primarily aimed at candidates suffering from cerebal palsy and not at those suffering from other areas of disability.

But as they say, such is life. The overiding feeling I was left with was that the charity should go back to what it was created for, helping people with cerebal palsy!

No comments: