Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Got 512Kbps Broadband!


BROADBAND IS ACTIVATED, I can now once again post in a manner that doesn't involve using a 56Kbps dial up modem so am therefore pleased, I can watch various videos, listen to music and download documents without waiting an age!

I am so far pleased with the ADSL Broadband service provided by One Tel, that was activated this evening, so hopefully I should be able to post more often without getting stupid connection time out errors from my dial-up setup!

However, I have to say it is a shame that I have finally got rid of my US Robotics (now part of 3Com) modem that has been a good servant for the past six years, through several computers, the first being a Packard Bell 486SX 25MHz, then a Cyrix 686 100MHz and finally being used on a RM P2 350. At this point I have had to exchange it for a Thompson Speedtouch Modem, as it was free with which to connect to the new ADSL enabled line. Will just have to wait for my wireless router now!

I have to say the service that One Tel has supplied seems good so far, I have connected fifteen times over the last few hours and have never had a connection under 512Kbps, in fact most of the connection speeds are over that, at present I am connected at 576Kbps and got connected on the first attempt plus I also now have a Static IP address, which I am also pleased about.

Anyway, with all this new found speed I am going to try it out by completing some downloads, there is no point in having all this spare bandwidth if I don't actually use it!

1 comment:

Simon said...

I'll have to get broadband when I find somewhere to live.