Thursday, September 16, 2004

Scouts!


This evening I did my usual Thursday night thing and went to help at both my Scout Group and Explorer Scout Group Meeting! At Scouts we spent most of the evening tidying out the stores with the older Scouts as well as playing some games to break up the two hours.

However, I was shocked to find out that the Hornsea Scout Group Headquarters now needs a new roof, and this will cost several thousand pounds which is proving a real dilema for the present committee. In a relatively small town where will we find the necessary money to replace the roof!

It would be a real shame if the Scout headquarters closed, as the guide HQ also closed three years ago and although the town has three schools, I don't really think any of them would be suitable for a Scout meeting. So, I really think the Scout Group needs help to raise the necessary funds for a roof! After all if the Floral Hall closes the Scout Hut is one of the only venues in the town for hire!

Anyway, back onto my day, today I decided to go to Scarborough to do some further work on my dissertation, but the problem was that University was really busy with new students registering for the coming year, so, not much work got done. However, I did pick up some Dissertations to read, hopefully which will give me some inspiration for writing mine!

No comments: