Sunday, August 08, 2004

Broadband


Last night I had a good night out with a few of my friends at Hornsea Floral Hall once again! Today, I have spent most of the day investigating various broadband opportunities, I think I have decided on a package from Telco4u.net. So hopefully high speed internet access at home here I come! However it won't be anywhere near the speed of my University connection of 100Mbps, so I think a slow down will be needed.

When I have the Broadband connection set up I hope to deploy a wireless Router on the connection, with a firewall! At this moment in time my choice is between 3Com (formerly US Robotics), the people I got my very reliable Sportster Flash modem from, several years ago and still use at home, when not connected to JANET at University! The other choice is Buffalo products which I have heard several good reports about! Anyway will just have to wait and see which type I go for after reading various reviews. If anyone has any useful broadband advice, let me know via the comments tab or via the Contact Me form to the right.

No comments: