Monday, August 30, 2004

Broadband!


Now I have moved home I have to find another good I.S.P. So I can spend some time on the Internet to update my blog and check my email! At this moment in time I just use a dial up service operating at 42,666 bps, which is OK for blogging, but is no good for watching online movies or listening to sporting events.

At the moment I think I am going to get a Router & modem with firewall, and a faster internet connection from Telco4u.net, I think I am probably going to go for the 500+ product as this gives you a relatively fast 512Kbps connection with a 20:1 contention ratio for £45.81 a month! Or should I say it was this much last week, with broadband prices being so changeable at the moment, it may now be less. I may find myself drawn to other offerings such as the service Plus.net and One tel provide, as they seem to be cheaper than Telco.

However, they all have limits and I could not stand reaching my limit halfway through the month and not being able to use the service for the rest of the month, for example not being able to check my email or update my Blog anyway, I think I have made my point, anyway I will post again soon!

No comments: