Monday, July 19, 2004

New Chief Scout!


The new chief Scout is Peter Duncan! It was plain they were looking for someone different to be Chief when they advertised the post externally to the association. Peter Duncan's outdoor image certainly fits with the real image of Scouting that perhaps has not got as far as the mind of media people until now. While I and the association think he will be good for the image of the movement I wonder if he'll have as much time for members as past holders of the role, such as George Purdy CBE, who presented me with my Queen's Scout Award way back in 1996! Anyway, after my above side track, today I have being mostly doing Java revision and sorting out various small problems that have come to light over the past weeks, all good fun I suppose!

P.S I don't know why pieces of my blog text keep getting lost under the background, in Internet Explorer. Anyone who has this problem blaim Microsoft and not me? As it all looks fine under Mozilla Firefox 0.9 and Mozilla 1.7.1, must be the fun of using a Microsoft based browser, haven't tried it lately!

No comments: