Monday, July 12, 2004

Today I got my first ever sight of the Queen Mary 2!


Today, I made my way back into Scarborough from Hornsea! However, when I arrived it was looking a wee bit busier than normal! The coastal roads where congested with people with telescopic camera's, what was going on?

When I eventually made it to the University I asked some people, and they told me the Queen Mary 2 was passing quite close into Scarborough, thanks to a request from Jimmy Saville, who lives in Scarborough!

So, I quickly picked up my camera and made my way through the crowds to see what I could see. I got quite a good viewpoint in the end, and I saw it pass quite close to Scarborough castle, well within a camera lenses width anyway!

Anyway, after that excitement I got back to work and finished off the last part of my Java Programming paper, so a good day was had!

However, tommorow I hope to go for a walk around Scarborough, as spending all this time in front of a computer can't be good for me!

No comments: